“Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a mother.”
For me, the ideal Mother’s Day gift is a day off! A day of lazing in my pyjamas until noon; eating breakfast on the sofa whilst binge watching my favourite TV shows. I’d then swiftly change into some comfortable lounge clothes and continuing to binge watch the TV series for the rest of the day!
However, there is no such thing as a day off when you’re a parent, so here are some of my favourite Mother’s day gift ideas;
- Roses – You can’t ever go wrong with a fresh set of roses. Whether they’re red to signify your love, ivory for thoughtfulness and gracefulness, light pink for admiration or yellow to signify your ever lasting friendship; roses are sure to bring a smile to any mother’s face.
- Chocolates – It is no secret that I have an incredibly sweet tooth, so chocolates are always a firm favourite for me! Hotel Chocolat is always one of my go to places for gifted chocolates; with a great range of flavours, including vegan chocolate, there is something for everyone.
- Jewellery – They have always said that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, for me it is pearls. These John Lewis 9ct Gold Freshwater Pearl Double Drop earrings are the epitome of timeless elegance. If you’re looking for a cheaper option, these Jon Richard Pearl Drop Earrings from Debenhams are a beautiful alternative.
- Skincare – Tired looking skin comes hand-in-hand with parenting. As much as I try to make time for my skin daily, I feel like the years of parenting are starting to show on my face! I’ve recently started using Dermawork’s Immaculift, which is an instant face lift serum. Using advanced scientific developments, this serum masks those inevitable fine lines that come with aging, giving you flawless looking skin. (I will be posting a full review of this product over the weekend).
- A good book – Everyone has their own personal preferences when it comes to books, but here are a few of my favourite recommendations; The Boy the Mole, the Fox and the Horse, by Charlie Mackesy. The Tattooist of Auschwitz, by Heather Morris. Little Women, By Louisa May Alcott. The Book You Wish Your Parents Had Read (And Your Children Will Be Glad You Did), by Philippa Perry. After a chaotic day with the girls, I love to snuggle down in the evening with a good book, enjoying the short lived peace and quiet.
- Bath bombs – There is nothing I love more than soaking in the bath, with candles on and a good book. The girls and I are huge lovers of bath bombs, so these are regular gifts in our house. My go to place to shop for bath bombs is Lush; I always feel like a kids in a candy store when I am in there!
- Novelty Mum Coupon Book – I actually bought Greg the Dad’s version of this last year. If you’re looking for a small gift, this is a great little purchase. Each book contains different tokens that mum gets to trade in; for example, a week of no dishes, control of the TV remote, etc. Paperchase has currently sold out, but these can be found on various Etsy Stores, Amazon or if you want to personalize it you can create your own version.
- Candles – There is no such thing as too many candles! I don’t think there is a room in our house that doesn’t have candles! Candles have the ability to instantly make a room feel cosy, relaxing or more put together. I have been somewhat obsessed with the Woodwick crackling candles; my current favourite scents are – Solar Ylang, Calming Retreat, Coastal Sunset, Rosewood and any of the Trilogy scents.
Whether it is a big gift, or little gift, it really is the thought that counts. All that is important, is that you show how much you value and appreciate all the things she does, no matter how small it is.
Don’t forget to follow my social media accounts;
Thank you to Dermaworks for partnering with me on this post.