I would love to say that this craft was inspired by recycling, but the reality was my three year old kept asking if we could make something new with the toilet rolls, and of course lots of glitter! (That being said, this is a great recycling craft!)
These are really quick and easy to make, the most time consuming part is waiting for the paint to dry.
Here is what you’ll need;
- Toilet rolls,
- Hot glue (most other glue will work too),
- Gold paint,
- Gold glitter,
- Spray glue,
- and hairspray.
Here is how to make it;
- Cut the toilet rolls into thin strips (about ½ inch in thickness).
- Arrange the toilet roll strips into the desired pattern, and then hot glue together.
- Spray/hand paint the snowflakes (if you’re spraying, I recommend doing this outside whilst wearing gloves).
- Allow the snowflakes to dry fully (this is usually an ideal time to get a hot drink and biscuit).
- Cover the entire snowflake in glue (I used a spray glue) and then sprinkle over the glitter. Place a paper towel or piece of paper under the snowflakes to catch any excess glitter which can be used again.
- This step is optional but I always do this when applying glitter; set using hairspray.
- Hang your snowflakes up for all to enjoy.
15 sleeps to go!